With less than three weeks to go until the consultation closes, here are some links to useful resources in drafting your response:
- Our summary of the proposals
- Law Society survey on the economic impact of crime tendering: deadline extended to 27th May
- Law Society campaign page
- Crimeline’s list of crime resources
- Public Law Project on the JR proposals: summary response, draft full response, and debunking of government stats
- ILPA on the civil proposals
It must be recognised that legal aid is not always viewed sympathetically by the wider public. Two excellent new sites – Save Legal Aid and A Barrister’s Wife – explain in their different ways to a lay audience the value and impact legal aid can have.