Vicky Ling, writing with Matthew Moore, has just published the Solicitors Office Procedures Manual, essential reading for any firm looking at updating its procedures.
The Solicitors Office Procedures Manual has been designed to enable you to deal with all of your compliance needs from one easy-to-use source. Whatever your type or size of practice the ‘mix and match’ approach adopted by this book will enable you to address any or all of the following:
- The Code of Conduct 2011 and other key elements of the SRA Handbook
- Lexcel version 5
- The procedural elements of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- The Specialist Quality Mark (2012 edition)
- The Mediation Quality Mark (current edition 2009)
- The Legal Services Commission’s contract – Crime, Family and Civil
The Manual is provided in book and CD format so that you can download the entire text or particular sections with minimal effort. The easy-to-follow explanatory notes will enable you to adapt the contents for your particular situation. The Manual can be used as a conventional hard copy document, made available to the firm through a shared drive, or uploaded onto your firm’s intranet.
Key topics include:
- Risk management
- Client care and complaints management
- Equality and diversity
- Conflicts of interests
- Compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules 2011
- Data and information management
- Money laundering, mortgage fraud and the Bribery Act 2010
For more information on this vital publication, and to order your copy, see Vicky and Matthew’s website.